Dangers of living in a house that has asbestos material


Asbestos is a mineral that is used in making fireproof and insulating materials. The mineral was widely used to make building material, but this has been banned in different parts of the world. The reason why the mineral has been banned is that it causes mesothelioma cancer. Asbestos is made up of tiny fibers. When these fibers are released into the air through the abrasion process, people inhale them. This exposes the person to the risk of developing mesothelioma.

Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, heart, and stomach. This cancer has no cure and has a low survival rate. When an individual has been exposed to asbestos, they will not develop cancer immediately. The symptoms can take up to 10 to 30 years to show.

When the symptoms start showing, many people have no clue what they are suffering from. Hence, they consume painkillers to ease the pain. If they do not get screened for mesothelioma, this cancer will advance to late stages, making it challenging for doctors to manage the symptoms. An individual exposed to asbestos needs to get screened for cancer as soon as they notice the symptoms. If you live in a building with asbestos, you need to find an Asbestos Removal company.

Symptoms of mesothelioma

  • Loss of appetite
  • coughing blood
  • Chest pains
  • Weight loss
  • Abdominal pain

The worst part about using asbestos material for building is that its risk the lives of those living in the building g. in most case, people might not know that their building has asbestos materials until they have started showing symptoms of mesothelioma or asbestosis. If you suspect that your house has asbestos materials, it is important to seek a  Asbestos Removal company to remove the material. The sooner it is removed, the less the chances of developing mesothelioma.